Author Topic: Fasten your seatbelts!  (Read 1647 times)

Offline Kirsten

• Administrator
  • Have a flufftastic day!
  • Mood: Okay
  • SDC interest: owner-trainer
Fasten your seatbelts!
« on: March 10, 2010, 05:55:23 PM »
A new update for the chat room integration has just been released.  I am testing it on my backup forum.  This new release is for software version 2.0 RC3 (we're running 2.0 RC2).  So they skipped one upgrade and we'll have to catch up to use the chat room.

This will be a bit more involved and a bit more salsa-risky than just adding a chat room because I'll have to do an upgrade at the same time.  I'll have to close the forum in order to do this.  Since I'm doing the work on a backup copy of the forum, then flipping the backup into position where the forum currently is, the actual down time should be minimal (about 15 minutes).

Please make sure all salsa jars are tightly closed and secured.  Expect the forum to shut down temporarily in an hour or so (sometime tonight, anyway).
Kirsten and Tardis
In loving memory of Cole (1/11/99 - 6/26/12)  He gave me back my life.

"The one absolute, unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world -- the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous -- is his dog." -George G. Vest

Offline Kirsten

• Administrator
Re: Fasten your seatbelts!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 01:05:46 AM »
The upgrade is complete.  The chat room and chat room button are back and appear to me to be functioning correctly.  The media gallery and arcade seem to have survived the upgrade.

And a special surprise for Nora:  her favorite feature has returned:  Google Member Map!  Old data from when we had this installed previously has loaded correctly so those members who had entries for the member map previously will find themselves automatically entered on the map now.
Kirsten and Tardis

"The one absolute, unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world -- the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous -- is his dog." -George G. Vest

Offline Kirsten

• Administrator
Re: Fasten your seatbelts!
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 11:28:40 PM »
I'm going to do a few minor tweaks tonight.  It should not be necessary to shut the forum down to do them, but I'm giving y'all warning just in case something goes wrong.  As usual, I'll be backing up the forum directory and database, so if something does go wrong it should take me about 15 minutes to get the saved copy back up.  So if the forum shuts down, it's 'cause I'm restoring a backup.  Fingers crossed:  that should not be necessary.

Pizza first, tweaking to start in around an hour.  I promise not to drop pizza crumbs or cheese in my keyboard.
Kirsten and Tardis