Author Topic: Feb 2010 Upgrade  (Read 1415 times)

Offline Kirsten

• Administrator
  • Have a flufftastic day!
  • Mood: Okay
  • SDC interest: owner-trainer
Feb 2010 Upgrade
« on: February 28, 2010, 06:15:20 PM »
As usual, there were some complications with the upgrade.  The chat room is temporarily down.  The gallery had to be upgraded to a new version (same programmers, they just joined forces with a group doing a related project).  Therefore the gallery is now called "Media."

I've opened the forum back up for use.  Please report any suspicious behavior (from the forum).  Meanwhile, I'll work on getting the chat room and other features back on line one by one.
Kirsten and Tardis
In loving memory of Cole (1/11/99 - 6/26/12)  He gave me back my life.

"The one absolute, unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world -- the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous -- is his dog." -George G. Vest

Offline Kirsten

• Administrator
Re: Feb 2010 Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 06:39:13 PM »
Huh.  I found one new quirk.  Somehow during the upgrade fledchen, a moderator, got added to my "ignore" list.  If this happens to you, it's easy enough to fix.  Go to your profile and choose "Modify Profile."  In the drop down menu, choose "Buddies/Ingore List."  Edit the lists accordingly.  Anyone on your buddies list shows up in bold when you look at the list of people using the forum at the bottom of the main index page.  I haven't really noticed it doing anything else.  If you add someone to your ignore list, all of their posts on the entire forum will magically disappear for you.  You will see that they made a post, and when, but you won't see the text of their post.  Instead you get a message that you're ignoring the person and to click if you want to read the post even though you intended to ignore anything they posted.  This is actually a good tool if someone has gotten on your last nerve and you just need a break from dealing with them.
Kirsten and Tardis

"The one absolute, unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world -- the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous -- is his dog." -George G. Vest

Offline Kirsten

• Administrator
Re: Feb 2010 Upgrade
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 07:38:52 PM »
Um.  Where is my smiley panel for the post message page?  :headbang:
Kirsten and Tardis