Author Topic: Database down briefly  (Read 1269 times)

Online Kirsten

• Administrator
  • Have a flufftastic day!
  • Mood: Okay
  • SDC interest: owner-trainer
Database down briefly
« on: August 27, 2009, 03:08:19 AM »
Our shared database shut down for about 15 minutes this morning.  Personally, I blame TJ.  Not only has she been seen eating salsa and orange slushies, but the last two times the server hiccuped it was while I was working on her new site.

Weeeeeeeell, technically I suppose I wouldn't have noticed the outage as quickly since both times it happened when I was SUPPOSED to be asleep.  I've gotten a little obsessed with this site of hers and it's keeping me up nights (in a good way--I'm having fun).  But let's not let TJ in on that little tidbit of information.  I'd rather keep her beaten down with guilt by blaming her every time the server hiccups.

I just thought I'd mention it in case anyone saw one of our rather interesting error pages (note to self:  make them look less dorky--if we're going to crash, let's at least crash with some dignity!).
Kirsten and Tardis
In loving memory of Cole (1/11/99 - 6/26/12)  He gave me back my life.

"The one absolute, unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world -- the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous -- is his dog." -George G. Vest

Online Kirsten

• Administrator
  • Have a flufftastic day!
  • Mood: Okay
  • SDC interest: owner-trainer
Re: Database down briefly
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 03:12:22 AM »
I just had a wonderful thought.  TJ, how about a photo of you offering a big bowl of salsa and chips?  Wouldn't it be a hoot to see that when the server crashes instead of an error message or instructions to me on how to install my own software?  We could do a big bowl of popcorn but the whole salsa thing still cracks me up.
Kirsten and Tardis
In loving memory of Cole (1/11/99 - 6/26/12)  He gave me back my life.

"The one absolute, unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world -- the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous -- is his dog." -George G. Vest