General Discussion > In the News (publicly viewable board)

Dog goes wild at Cats: Service pooch belonging to member of audience charges aft

(1/5) > >>

responsiblek9:
 :facepalm: :headbang:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5150375/Audience-members-service-dog-charges-Cats-character.html

Happened in NY
Dog goes wild at Cats: Service pooch belonging to member of audience charges after Broadway actress during musical's opening number Jellicle

By Dailymail.com Reporter
PUBLISHED: 01:57 EST, 6 December 2017

SandyStern:
Vest of the type advertised on Amazon: check.
Visible ID card attached to vest: check.
Mortified owner-- uh huh. 

Any guesses as to how much training and testing this dog has experienced?

ccunnin3:
I mentioned this in the fb group and I will repeat it here. I cannot believe this dog was not kicked out of the theater.

Ariel:

--- Quote from: ccunnin3 on December 06, 2017, 04:43:52 PM ---I mentioned this in the fb group and I will repeat it here. I cannot believe this dog was not kicked out of the theater.

--- End quote ---

I'm going to echo this. I would be mortified as was mentioned the hander was (and rightfully so) if my dog got loose from me and ran after ANYONE in an attempt to attack them. You bet your Equus africanus asinus I wouldn't be staying. I'd be leaving and heading home to take my dog to the vet the first thing the next morning. That is NOT normal behavior of a service dog, and if that isn't in the dog's temperament, that's a serious symptom to a myriad of health conditions. If aggression IS the normal behavior of a service dog, it astounds me that the handler continued to use them a service dog. It's downright dangerous.

As a side note, you don't see many Kerry Blue Terriers. As a follow up side note, there's a reason they are not often used as service dogs.

OlgatheGSD:
Would it be possible that the dog was removed and it just wasn't mentioned?

That said, I would book it if my dog did that. Leave town, change my name, retire my dog, the works.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Sitemap 
Go to full version