Author Topic: Are my spouse and our spoiled Eskie deal breakers?  (Read 557 times)

Online OlgatheGSD

• Loquacious Member
  • Michelle and Olga
  • Mood: Brain fog
  • SDC interest: owner-trainer
Re: Are my spouse and our spoiled Eskie deal breakers?
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2017, 01:29:59 PM »
So I found out physical therapy starts JANURARY 8th, not december.. I'm going to call my doctor to get sent to another PT. The kind lady told me over the phone to hang in there and find someone else to take me if my insurance allows it.

I have been doing exercixes so I don't atrophy, so no worries! My problem is that the pain is getting worse and thinks sound like they are crackling like a wood fire when I move them. Pilates and yoga have been a huge help.

Words of wisdom: strong dogs are great until they are strong at times you don't want them to be lol a trainer helps immensely with things Olga has problems with, like heeling from time to time. The one I use comes to my house and whips her back into shape for me. I can't remember if you said you had a trainer lined up or not but they are worth their weight in gold.
Potato quality human with a smarter-than-you-honor-student dog.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Olga-the-GSD-1632466706793262/

Offline Azariah

• Old Timer
  • Mood: Tired
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2017, 01:00:23 PM »
I've done a few rounds of PT at a few different PT places over the years. None have made a difference and you can actually see spasms occurring in my neck/shoulders even with just the slightest exercises. Due to that its really hard for the PTs to find exercises that I can do in that area because the muscles spasm and it creates very very bad pain.

That being said - I am going to give it a whirl again with a new PT sometimes after the holidays. I'm seeing a great osteo doctor now at the osteo school and they supposedly have the best PTs in our area. He is pretty convinced that he can find one to help me - though he said early on there will still be spasms as they get to know my  condition.
Invisible physical and mental disabilities.
Advanced experience training obedience dogs. Very new to training service dogs.
Current Samoyeds: Rio (11), Cosmo (3), Serenity (SDiT)

Offline kserotte

• SDC interest: curious
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2017, 01:52:53 PM »

That being said - I am going to give it a whirl again with a new PT sometimes after the holidays. I'm seeing a great osteo doctor now at the osteo school and they supposedly have the best PTs in our area. He is pretty convinced that he can find one to help me - though he said early on there will still be spasms as they get to know my  condition.

Just remember, the best therapist to help recover functionality after a broken bone is not necessarily the best therapist to help a person with a neurological (or other) condition.  Experience matters.  I'm sure your MD knows this and will help you find the right therapist FOR YOU.

Offline Azariah

• Old Timer
  • Mood: Tired
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2017, 01:56:48 PM »
Yes. I have a very unique condition. Severe facial nerve damage and those nerves connect down the neck and shoulders. So its a combo of CRPS and neurological damage and muscle spasms (very tight muscles that spasm all the time). Pain level is usually a 7. With lots of medication.
Invisible physical and mental disabilities.
Advanced experience training obedience dogs. Very new to training service dogs.
Current Samoyeds: Rio (11), Cosmo (3), Serenity (SDiT)