General Discussion > Emotional Support Animals (publicly viewable board)

ESA in non-pet housing

(1/1)

holladogs:
my mom has an esa. she got the right idea and everything but unfortunately did fall for a scam. i believe whatever health professional was also swooped down the web of fake registeries. but she does qualify for one. she’s been recently trying to move into a house with no-pets housing. the house only has one dog limit. the dog being a pet and since service dogs and esas are required access, it should be fine. i was wondering if theres any tips to like mention that there will be two working dogs and a pet dog? without them blowing you off. also how do you get a note from your therapists? any advice will help! if needed we will rehome the pet but really hoping it doesn’t have to come to that.

SandyStern:
I'm sorry, this just doesn't make any sense.  Maybe you were typing while tired?

Kirsten:
The FHAct doesn't say you get a service dog or ESA in addition to a pet. If the landlord allows a pet and you want a pet and an ESA the landlord can tell you to choose one or the other.  Their existing rule of allowing one pet already accommodates.

What is an ESA? It's a pet being used as part of a treatment plan, especially in housing where pets are not permitted.

ccunnin3:
So you want a total of 3 dogs in a place that only allows 1? A pet, an ESA, and a service dog in training? As far as I understand it the landlord has to allow the ESA but there are no regulations that dictate SDiTs have housing access or that pets have to be allowed ever.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Sitemap 
Go to full version