Author Topic: Feeding raw with kibble  (Read 473 times)

Offline felix13

• Loquacious Member
  • Mood: Brain fog
  • SDC interest: SD partner
Feeding raw with kibble
« on: July 12, 2017, 09:16:57 PM »
I have a source of raw meat available to me and have been wondering if it possible to feed raw as a treat or perhaps a meal every once in awhile with kibble. I cannot afford or think it a good idea to for me to feed pure raw. But would like to use what is available to me. So thought I would ask everyone opinion on this. I cannot find a good source of information online.

Offline RedSonia29

• No. We're not going for a ride....
  • Mood: Okay
  • SDC interest: SD partner
Re: Feeding raw with kibble
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 10:34:35 AM »
We feed our dogs kibble in the morning and raw in the evenings. As I understand it, canine tummies don't process both well, when fed simultaneously.
In loving memory of Clive (CLASS, CGC, Diabetic Alert Dog). You saved my life countless times just by using your heart, nose, and your fat pit bull head. Our time together was too short and I miss you every day. 12/21/11 - 11/19/2016

Bowie's Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/BowietheDAD/

Offline Summertime.and.Azkaban

• Resident Terrier Wrangler
  • Old Timer
  • Holli and Azkaban
  • Mood: Tired
  • SDC interest: owner-trainer
Re: Feeding raw with kibble
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 01:54:52 PM »
When I fed mostly raw I fed veggies, meats and kibble all together. I've heard since that you're not supposed to do that, something to do with enzymes in the stomach.

I never had an issue feeding kibble and raw together. I got all the benefits of raw, no fleas, better coat quality, fewer allergies and firm bowel movements so I assume they were digesting it all well.

I don't know, it's been a while since I fed raw. When I did everyone was feeding kibble and raw together. Someone who currently feeds raw would probably be a better resource.
-Azkaban, Rayner, and Chewy-
"I am not interested in picking up crumbs of compassion thrown from the table of someone who considers himself my master. I want the full menu of rights" -Desmond Tutu
PM me about being pen pals or receiving a holiday card in the mail!