Author Topic: Green beans (human food for dogs)  (Read 455 times)

Offline Tara

• Loquacious Member
  • Buddy's Handler
  • Mood: In the mood for love
  • SDC interest: SD partner
Green beans (human food for dogs)
« on: March 07, 2017, 08:35:17 PM »
I got some fresh green beans today and decided to treat Buddy with his dinner. I gave them raw, but chopped into about 3/4 inch sections. I mixed them in his kibbe and floated like normal. I don't think he liked them, because he was eating around them at first. Then as the level of kibble decreased, he actually started eating the green beans. It took him like 3 times longer to eat but he cleaned his bowl.

Maybe he wanted them sautéed in bacon grease and garlic like I ate them.  :laugh:

I do make treats with human foods like peanut butter, unsweetened apple sauce, bananas, canned pumpkin (not pie filing), parsley, oats, whole wheat flour, ground flax seed, and coconut or olive oil. This was the first time I gave him straight produce and not baked into a treat, though.

What human foods does your dog(s) really like/dislike?
New Etsy shop for your animal related needs- new items to roll out in the future. (New items added 4/25)
https://www.etsy.com/shop/TreatYourCritter
(Will use funds to maintain care of my SD)

Offline missythewriter

• Mood: Brain fog
  • SDC interest: waiting
Re: Green beans (human food for dogs)
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 09:13:44 PM »
My dog likes just about every food. She adores bananas, canned pumpkin, and anything meat. But funny story, the other day, we found something she actually won't eat. When we let her out to go potty, she tends to try to sneak over to the neighbor's yard to explore. For some reason, whatever isn't in her yard is the most exciting thing in the world. Anyway. Now my mom gives her treats for coming back inside immediately to encourage her to come back instead of wander. (Once she wanders, she doesn't really recall very well. Too interested in the smells. Like she goes deaf or something.) So we got a new box of treats from one of those subscription dog boxes (I think it was PupJoy?), and my mom opened it to give her one. She had her sit pretty and high five, and then tried to give her the treat. Josie sniffed it, then turned her nose away. Like, "Not good enough. Something else, please."  :laugh: My mom put it on the floor for her to take it. She still wouldn't. She turned her nose up and waited for a better one!

We found the first food my dog was too snobbish to eat. Little stinker.

Offline EverConfused

• Loquacious Member
  • Mood: Okay
  • SDC interest: curious
Re: Green beans (human food for dogs)
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 09:42:55 PM »
That's hilarious, missy.
she/her/hers

I sometimes use speech-to-text software. If something in my post does not make sense, please ask.