Author Topic: Who knew pooping could be so cute!  (Read 727 times)

Online Azariah

• Old Timer
  • Mood: Tired
  • SDC interest: owner-trainer
Who knew pooping could be so cute!
« on: August 18, 2016, 12:24:29 AM »
The breeder's friend took video of the pack outdoors. Week 5.

https://www.facebook.com/116840355051318/videos/1039520476116630/
Invisible physical and mental disabilities.
Advanced experience training obedience dogs. Very new to training service dogs.
Current Samoyeds: Rio (11), Cosmo (3), Serenity (SDiT)

Offline RealmOfMyImagination

• Loquacious Member
  • Always In a Brain Fog
  • Mood: Brain fog
Re: Who knew pooping could be so cute!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 12:40:35 AM »
look at all the fluff balls ohmygoodness!! I watched this and Tucker listened carefully to the puppies and tilted his head hehe
🐾 Humphrey -  German Shepherd Service dog prospect 🐾

Online Azariah

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 12:46:57 AM »
I'm hoping since this is just week 5 that my puppy should have some concept of outdoors = potty by the time she comes. Cosmo came pretty much potty trained at 8 weeks as the breeder was a teacher and had the litter in the summer. It was wonderful to have him run to the door. I couldn't have him out of sight of course but what a huge difference a good breeder can make.

Especially since the majority of the puppies will be at my house for 4 days when the breeder brings Serenity to me. The hubby has the days off work already in case I am having a flare up as there is no way I can handle all of them. But it is way easier with my disability than driving to GET my puppy with the kiddos in tow. I've never had more than a few puppies at my house at a time. It could be interesting. If I can't sleep from the noise I'm checking into a hotel (you think I kid, but I am serious!).

• Loquacious Member
  • Always In a Brain Fog
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 12:54:31 AM »
Oh god, Tucker was horrid the first few nights.  I had his crate in my room thinking it was a good idea, and he would cry for a while before falling asleep. Then in the middle of the night he would cry I would get up to let him out or he would squeak his toys or something noisy. And then earlyyy in the morning he would wake me up I got no sleep.  He keeps me on my toes now and makes me get out of bed when I'm depressed though (even when I'm not and just relaxing) "oh you've been in bed for 5 minutes of being up you need to get out of bed right now"

I never got a dog from a breeder expect when I was really young but the dog is currently with my biological father who I don't speak to anymore- I'd love to get one one day though.  Especially a gsd, my next sd will for sure be from a breeder. 

Online Azariah

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 01:01:16 AM »
Oh don't for one second think the well raised breeder puppy won't be LOUD! You may get out of potty training and have some other nice behaviors started but unless you get a really laid back puppy that is super well adjusted (by nature, not nurture) you likely aren't getting away from that if you have a LOUD breed like Samoyeds. I fully intend to have high pitched shrieks for a couple of months while I work on the settle command and quiet commands.

I literally am cringing at the thought of having 4-8 in my 1700 square foot split level house with no sound insulation. I'm throwing them on one level but it won't make a difference. I'll hear every squelch. With my insomnia I'm having right now from the med changes I really WILL be checking into a hotel by the 3rd night if I cannot sleep. Unless they go in the bathroom (which I'm not about to ask the breeder) there is nowhere I can't hear them!

This is why I love my hubby who will help me out while I am going through med changes that cause insomnia AND getting a puppy we've waited on for over 2 years.

• Loquacious Member
  • Always In a Brain Fog
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 01:05:22 AM »
Never had a Samoyed or even seen one in real life.. They are super gorgeous though aaa.  Sadly Cane Corso's are very talkitive and Tucker loves to talk. We'll sit in the living room and talk he'll be across the room and he barks or grumbles or whines he has his talking noises.  He moves his mouth and a small not even bark comes out sometimes too.  He's my big mess  :facepalm:

Online Azariah

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2016, 01:07:13 AM »
And realm of my imagination - there are some advantages to mixed breeds as well as there is a lot more diversity in the dogs.

The purebreds in the US are 100% closed book. That means no new blood is allowed in. So basically I call it the king and queens syndrome. You have relatives making babies and somewhere along the way that isn't healthy. It is worse in some breeds than others but an issue with most AKC breeds.

I love my Samoyeds but I feel that it is important to point out the downside of the purebreds as well. You have a ton of health testing that is indicative of better hips, eyes, heart, etc... But there is a ton of inbreeding that really just isn't good as breeders try to go towards a particular direction. An example would be that some Samoyeds used to not be white. There is still biscuit in the standard but most are white. If you look at pictures from the 1900s you'll see that the Samoyeds are varying shades of brown.

Other countries I think allow in a small percentage of dogs that aren't part of the registry. I think (THINK) Canada is an example.

Just throwing the counterargument out there. If I didn't have the allergies that I do I wouldn't be opposed at all to a good "All American" dog. I have no desire to show in breed and I'm now allowed to show in all AKC events with a mixed breed.

Offline EmmaH

• Old Timer
  • Mood: Exhausted
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2016, 11:18:28 AM »
I got Luca at 10 weeks. He was potty trained and practically create trained by that time. It was so easy, gosh it was like a miracle.