Author Topic: Leerburg: Your Puppy 8 Weeks To 8 Months DVD Review  (Read 1901 times)

Online Tameesha

• Owner Trainer
  • Board Moderator
  • Don't wait for tomorrow.
  • Mood: Vulcans have no moods
  • SDC interest: owner-trainer
Leerburg: Your Puppy 8 Weeks To 8 Months DVD Review
« on: March 21, 2013, 04:34:59 PM »
Overall, I enjoyed the video but could use improvement.

Being hard of hearing, it was difficult to watch without the option to use captions, and when words appeared for titles there were errors such as "Grooming You Puppy" instead of "Your" which I noticed at least three times throughout. I was hoping for milestones and markers on development for a well socialized puppy, this DVD does not have any.

More information on caring for and teaching a puppy in the city would also be nice for those of us who do not have access to pools, lakes, or have the reasonable option of using a flexi-lead to walk our puppies as suggested in this video. I would have liked to see more information on handling a puppy in public such as busy areas outside or pet-friendly stores beyond not letting strangers or (strange) dogs interact with the puppy and instead having the puppy focus on the handler and learning about the environment without interacting with every Tom, Dick, and Fido.

Leerburg consistently produces DVDs over 3 hours long. This DVD was only two hours long, there is much room for more information.

At this time, I do not suggest purchasing this DVD unless you really have no idea how to raise a puppy with leadership and control. I suggest "The Art of Raising A Puppy" and "How To Be Your Dogs Best Friend" by The Monks Of New Skete as more informative alternatives to purchasing this DVD at full price (currently $40.00).

If you do choose to buy a DVD from Leerburg on puppies I would suggest - "Living With Your Puppy - Establishing Pack Structure" DVD on the basis that if it is anything like the ones directed at Adult Dogs then that video should be well worth the money. However, I have not personally watched that particular Puppy DVD yet, only the Adult ones.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 04:37:51 PM by Tameesha »
** Valorzen's Indy CGC NTD CA ITD RN CD CGCA CGCU SPOT-ON ** Valorzen's Scrappy NTD CA RATN CGC CGCA CGCU RATO SPOT-ON ** Emmett Von Skykeeper CA NTD RATI RATN CGC CGCA CGCU SPOT-ON ** Zodiac's Playing With Fire RATI RATN RATO **