Author Topic: Has anyone read Training Your Own Psychiatric Service Dog by Katie Gonzalez?  (Read 2604 times)

Offline iliketotalk15

• Mood: Okay
I hope this is the right place. I recently ordered this book and finally got it. It's a lot thinner than I was expecting, but I started reading it and a few things caught me off guard. I wanted to see what other people thought about it if they've read it.

Thanks!

Offline Tameesha

• Owner Trainer
  • Board Moderator
  • Don't wait for tomorrow.
  • Mood: Vulcans have no moods
  • SDC interest: owner-trainer
I just purchased this book! About 3 days ago, it's not even here yet....!
It says 84 pages on Amazon.com

What caught you off guard?
** Valorzen's Indy CGC NTD CA ITD RN CD CGCA CGCU SPOT-ON ** Valorzen's Scrappy NTD CA RATN CGC CGCA CGCU RATO SPOT-ON ** Emmett Von Skykeeper CA NTD RATI RATN CGC CGCA CGCU SPOT-ON ** Zodiac's Playing With Fire RATI RATN RATO **

Offline iliketotalk15

• Mood: Okay
It's a very short 84 pages, large typing on large pages, though. The first 60 pages are just basics like how to teach a dog to sit, how to pick a good service dog candidate, where I was looking for more information about training tasks. I'm just getting to public access and things in the book, which only looks to be about 15-20 pages of the book.

Most of it is pretty tame, and even these things are tame, but using a choke chain startled me a little, and rawhide, though she did go over both a bit more carefully. So I guess nothing major, but still not things that I would expect. Then, she mentioned purchasing additional identification online and didn't go into the reasons why it's unnecessary and often harmful.

Typing them down, they seem a bit lame, and as I said, it's mostly pretty general stuff, so nothing is completely off the wall, but a few things just stuck out to me as not my preferences, I suppose.