Author Topic: Home Made Treats  (Read 4845 times)

Offline Ilghaus

• "TJ"
  • Axel vom Riverhaus CGC "Karl" 01/10/01-03/29/13
  • Mood: Okay
  • SDC interest: owner-trainer
Home Made Treats
« on: April 09, 2007, 12:13:51 AM »
Always be careful not to feed too many treats without taking them into consideration in your dog's daily diet.

Freezer yogurt ideas.

There are several ways to fix freezer yogurt treats. Remember yogurt is the plain, unflavered type -- not the kind with coloring and flavoring added.

Take mixed yogurt mixture and either fill up ice cube trays or place a piece of waxed paper on a cookie sheet and spoon on desired portions. Freeze and then rebag taking out only as much as you want to serve.

*Mix with mashed banana.  (Use up those pieces of fruit that are too ripe for your own use.)

*Mix with cnd. pumpkin.

*Mix with peanut butter.

TJ
Kaleb, Candidate Level. Born 12-19-2014
:tj:  :karl:

Offline Stefani

• Old Timer
  • RRsss are the best
Re: Home Made Treats
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 05:26:13 PM »
*sneaks into the post*

Here is a great homemade treat that I recently found.  Razel can't eat it, but Opal can, and she LOVES it.  If you aren't going to use it all within a week, freeze it.  Keep the unfrozen parts in the fridge.

I used one can of salmon, 2 eggs, about 2 cups of flour and a little garlic power. The stuff is really sticky and gooey so I used parchment paper on a cookie sheet. I put the mixture on the parchment paper and then put another piece of paper on top and rolled it out to about a 1/4 inch or so. I left the parchment paper in place and baked at 300 degrees for 30 minutes. Then I took it out of the oven and took the top layer of paper off (it came off easily after baking). Then I used a pizza cutter to cut into pieces. Then I threw it back in the oven for 10 more minutes.
:paw: Stefani
IHOSD- Razel
:razel:

Now, lets not forget the ones who didn't make it, they will always be in my heart.
Peace, the Golden Retriever
Roxie, the German Shepherd