Author Topic: Control Unleashed: A Foundation Seminar - DVD  (Read 2664 times)

Offline Tameesha

• Owner Trainer
  • Board Moderator
  • Don't wait for tomorrow.
  • Mood: Vulcans have no moods
  • SDC interest: owner-trainer
Control Unleashed: A Foundation Seminar - DVD
« on: July 14, 2012, 02:20:30 AM »
Excellent companion to the book and I recommend it - especially if you are a visual person. There are moments of repetitiveness, though to me that just reinforces what I'm learning.

Read the book(s) before watching.

Downside: No captions. My TV also wouldn't caption the video but maybe some TVs do. I was playing the DVD on a PS3. On the 4th DVD when they are outside it is extremely hard to hear what is being said even with the TV blaring loud, however that only take up about 15 minute of a 5+ hour DVD set.
** Valorzen's Indy CGC NTD CA ITD RN CD CGCA CGCU SPOT-ON ** Valorzen's Scrappy NTD CA RATN CGC CGCA CGCU RATO SPOT-ON ** Emmett Von Skykeeper CA NTD RATI RATN CGC CGCA CGCU SPOT-ON ** Zodiac's Playing With Fire RATI RATN RATO **

Offline bluedogwoman

• Loquacious Member
  • Mood: Excited
  • SDC interest: SD partner
Re: Control Unleashed: A Foundation Seminar - DVD
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 01:23:02 AM »
I'm glad you recommend the DVD as well as the book.  I took a leap several days ago and ordered them both.
I'm not likely to get my husband to read the book, but he'll watch the DVDs with me, so that's good.....

(our DVD player is an X-box)

óblue

Offline BlindMag

• Donna Summer
  • Old Timer
  • Diva SD
  • Mood: Wired for sound
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 04:06:00 AM »
Thank you for this review! I have the Games Demonstrations CU DVD set as well as the book Control Unleashed, and I just ordered the CU Puppy Program book also (mainly because I was curious and because I already have most of the rest of this author's material). I wasn't sure about the seminar one you mentioned so appreciate the recommendation.
"Winds may come and winds may blow none can cure Summer Fever." -DS

Offline bluedogwoman

• Loquacious Member
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 09:04:07 PM »
why do you recommend reading the book before watching the DVDs?  I kinda thought I would watch the DVDs while reading the book, and then watch the DVDs again....

Offline Tameesha

• Owner Trainer
  • Board Moderator
  • Don't wait for tomorrow.
  • Mood: Vulcans have no moods
  • SDC interest: owner-trainer
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 09:10:07 PM »
Because the seminar really assumes you have read the book. If possible I would read, watch, then read again. The seminar is focused on how to apply what the book has taught, in real-life instances.
** Valorzen's Indy CGC NTD CA ITD RN CD CGCA CGCU SPOT-ON ** Valorzen's Scrappy NTD CA RATN CGC CGCA CGCU RATO SPOT-ON ** Emmett Von Skykeeper CA NTD RATI RATN CGC CGCA CGCU SPOT-ON ** Zodiac's Playing With Fire RATI RATN RATO **

Offline bluedogwoman

• Loquacious Member
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 02:21:29 AM »
thanks!  will do!