Author Topic: Push Girls  (Read 2030 times)

Offline Amber

• Old Timer
  • Mood: Weird
  • SDC interest: owner-trainer
Push Girls
« on: June 07, 2012, 11:00:20 AM »
Push Girls is a reality television series on Sundance Channel. It follows the lives of four women in Los Angeles, California who are disabled.

Angela Rockwood, Tiphany Adams, Mia Schaikewitz and Auti Angel are four friends who, through accident or illness, have been paralyzed from the neck or waist down. The series tells the story of their lives in Hollywood.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Push_Girls

The pilot episode is available on Hulu, but additional episodes won't be on Hulu as of right now.
http://www.hulu.com/watch/365468

One of the girls, Auti has a dog in a vest at the groceries store, but isn't directly mentioned as a Service Dog.
Maigumi of Liberty Acres CGCA ITD - Maigee :paw: Therapy Dog and Retired Service Dog
Knight in Chocolate Armor CGCA NTD - Luie :ball: Lab Mix, Service Dog in Training

Offline Amber

• Old Timer
  • Mood: Weird
Re: Push Girls
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 11:04:42 AM »
"So I could just come rolling on in?"
"Well, we have a staircase..."
"Oh, so you aren't wheelchair accessible?"
"We're wheelchair accessible...but we have a staircase"

:tongue: :headbang:
Maigumi of Liberty Acres CGCA ITD - Maigee :paw: Therapy Dog and Retired Service Dog
Knight in Chocolate Armor CGCA NTD - Luie :ball: Lab Mix, Service Dog in Training

Offline Tameesha

• Owner Trainer
  • Board Moderator
  • Don't wait for tomorrow.
  • Mood: Vulcans have no moods
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 11:26:09 AM »
This happened to be on the AOL homepage today. I had never heard of this show. I'm glad it's out, it puts an interesting twist and viewpoint to living in LA.

http://www.aol.com/video/youve-got-auti-angel/517388070/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cvideo-module%7Csec3_lnk1%7C167683
** Valorzen's Indy CGC NTD CA ITD RN CD CGCA CGCU SPOT-ON ** Valorzen's Scrappy NTD CA RATN CGC CGCA CGCU RATO SPOT-ON ** Emmett Von Skykeeper CA NTD RATI RATN CGC CGCA CGCU SPOT-ON ** Zodiac's Playing With Fire RATI RATN RATO **

Offline Tameesha

• Owner Trainer
  • Board Moderator
  • Don't wait for tomorrow.
  • Mood: Vulcans have no moods
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 11:39:51 AM »
I can't seem to find anything about any of them having a SD.
** Valorzen's Indy CGC NTD CA ITD RN CD CGCA CGCU SPOT-ON ** Valorzen's Scrappy NTD CA RATN CGC CGCA CGCU RATO SPOT-ON ** Emmett Von Skykeeper CA NTD RATI RATN CGC CGCA CGCU SPOT-ON ** Zodiac's Playing With Fire RATI RATN RATO **

Offline Magesteff

• Eater of books
  • Old Timer
  • I want to be a mysterious Woman...
  • Mood: Annoyed
  • SDC interest: waiting
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 08:06:19 PM »
Meesha, in the TV show the lady named Auti was in a grocery store with her husband, and she had a french bulldog type dog sitting on her lap, as she tooled around in her wheelchair. The dog was wearing a blue vest.
Steffeny, with Hobbes. In memory of Spike (1989 ~ 12/14/2014) my little old gentleman, and Max (9/21/2006 ~ 6/2/2015).  Dog camp postponed until I am in a better situation.
FB:http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/Magesteff

Offline Floofychu

• Mood: Excited
  • SDC interest: waiting
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 09:08:05 PM »
Ohhh my goodness. My dad saw an ad for this in a magazine and recorded an episode for me...which I'm super excited to watch. haha. I love Auti Angel. Ever since I saw a video someone recorded of her, on youtube, I've wanted to dance like her~! I got to see her at the Abilities Expo in Schaumburg, IL, last year. [Which is coming up again at the end of the month!  :biggrin: ]

Now that I got my inner fangirl out of the way...I'll be sure to check this out. :]