Author Topic: Forum down for scheduled maintenance  (Read 1612 times)

Offline Kirsten

• Administrator
  • Have a flufftastic day!
  • Mood: Okay
  • SDC interest: owner-trainer
Forum down for scheduled maintenance
« on: May 12, 2012, 12:09:45 PM »
As mentioned on the chat board, the forum will be down for maintenance today from 1 pm to 4 pm CDT.
Kirsten and Tardis
In loving memory of Cole (1/11/99 - 6/26/12)  He gave me back my life.

"The one absolute, unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world -- the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous -- is his dog." -George G. Vest

Offline Kirsten

• Administrator
Re: Forum down for scheduled maintenance
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 12:46:13 PM »
Shutting down in 15 minutes.  There will be a group chat going on during the maintenance for those who can't bear to be without their SDC fix.  :wink:
Kirsten and Tardis

"The one absolute, unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world -- the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous -- is his dog." -George G. Vest

Offline Kirsten

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 01:41:18 PM »
We have our first bug.  Fortunately, it was not my fault.  It is a known issue with 2.0.2, yet they have not fixed it in the install files.  We're using the core theme, which is supposed to avoid me having to hack anything.  Just take a look at what they're expecting me to do by hand, instead of modifying the theme appropriately in the upgrade package:  http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=437428.0

I'll get to it, but it's going to take me a while.  grrrrr.
Kirsten and Tardis

Offline Kirsten

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 02:08:20 PM »
Our photo gallery is also missing.  Just the software.  The photos should be safe.

Good news:  I may have found an old copy of the arcade that I could get up and running.  It did pass the pre-installation tests. 

I'll need to make a fresh backup of the forum and shut it down again in order to repair these two things, but hopefully for only about 15-30 minutes.  I'll let you know when I'm ready to do that.  I want to make sure I have all the mod repairs ready to go at once, so I only have to shut the forum down once.
Kirsten and Tardis