Author Topic: Site down  (Read 1569 times)

Offline Kirsten

• Administrator
  • Have a flufftastic day!
  • Mood: Okay
  • SDC interest: owner-trainer
Site down
« on: March 15, 2011, 11:41:33 AM »
I apologize for the site outage. Thank you to those who brought it to my attention. It was due to yet another.  Change in my server provider's policies. Though they advertise unlimited databases, they suddenly started limiting the tables in those databases (which limits the databases bleep, since a database with no tables is not a database). We moved some of my sites to a new server.

Got to run. More later. Erin go braugh!
Kirsten and Tardis
In loving memory of Cole (1/11/99 - 6/26/12)  He gave me back my life.

"The one absolute, unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world -- the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous -- is his dog." -George G. Vest

Offline Kirsten

• Administrator
  • Have a flufftastic day!
  • Mood: Okay
  • SDC interest: owner-trainer
Re: Site down
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 01:34:19 PM »
Now I need to prepare you all for a significant change in for the following reasons, we will be changing from our current software (SMF) to the same software used on the front of the site:
1. Reduce our size and cost to improve efficiency and up-time
2. Reduce my workload by maintaining fewer software packages
3. Improve accessibility for the disabled
4. Expand the community with blogs and community authoring
5. Integrate the two halves so one login work the entire site

This change has been coming for the last year or so. I thought it would be another year before it would happen, but it may have to happen sooner.

I'll need volunteers to help prepare for the transition. If you are sensitive to change, I suggest participating in this process so you can be heard and your needs met. I'll start a thread in the chat area for discussion.
Kirsten and Tardis
In loving memory of Cole (1/11/99 - 6/26/12)  He gave me back my life.

"The one absolute, unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world -- the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous -- is his dog." -George G. Vest