Author Topic: Plane has do emergency landing after dog poops 3 times in the aisle  (Read 10967 times)

Offline Kirsten

• Administrator
  • Have a flufftastic day!
  • Mood: Okay
  • SDC interest: owner-trainer
Re: Plane has do emergency landing after dog poops 3 times in the aisle
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2014, 04:52:00 PM »
It helps if I fix my eyes on the ground and do not move them, and then move very slowly.  YMMV.

Tardis tends very much to poop at home, where I have a sort of bent rake thing on a stick that does a tidy job of picking up poop.  I only need the poop-o-matic away from home and frankly I'm not going to carry that thing while I go shopping.  I only use it on recreational walks.  So the net result is that other times I use the slow-mo bend over method and use my dog to steady me as I bend down and stand back up again.

Tardis's predecessor (Cole) was a poop walker.  He needed to walk a little while to get the old bowels moving and then when he started pooping, he'd keep right on walking, leaving a nugget every foot or two until he was done.  Very annoying habit.  The poop-o-matic was invented for him, and when he passed I had less need for it since my remaining three dogs poop mostly at home, first thing in the morning.

For Tardis I invented the tinkle cuff (waterproof gator for dogs who pee on their own front legs).  Little boy dogs take forEVER to figure out their aim and learn how to shoot straight.
Kirsten and Tardis
In loving memory of Cole (1/11/99 - 6/26/12)  He gave me back my life.

"The one absolute, unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world -- the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous -- is his dog." -George G. Vest

Offline LolaMarigolda

• Hormonal sarcasm week
  • Old Timer
  • Mood: Evil
  • SDC interest: SD partner
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2014, 06:26:17 PM »
For Tardis I invented the tinkle cuff (waterproof gator for dogs who pee on their own front legs).  Little boy dogs take forEVER to figure out their aim and learn how to shoot straight.

I soo need this.  Zsadist is the worst about hitting his front legs.  He's also the king of peeing on his own chin/face because he will try to sniff while squatting.  I'm hoping he stops all this nonsense when he learns to hike.
My relationship with my SD is like a marriage.  In fact, my two-legged husband calls Scooter "the other man".
KD & Remington Barrett (Remy)
Scooter (14 February 2004 - 16 September 2015)

Offline Kirsten

• Administrator
  • Have a flufftastic day!
  • SDC interest: owner-trainer
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2014, 07:19:43 PM »
I got oil cloth from the fabric store and elastic and just made some tubes with elastic at the cuffs.  I bet you could also make a bib to attach to his collar so he doesn't pee on his face.

Boy dogs.  Sigh.

It did get better when T learned to lift, but sadly he is easily distracted while peeing so sometimes he'll turn his head in mid-pee and the stream will wander and hit his leg anyway.  He just doesn't freaking care!  If he didn't like peeing on his leg, he would try to avoid it.  But he doesn't care.
Kirsten and Tardis
In loving memory of Cole (1/11/99 - 6/26/12)  He gave me back my life.

"The one absolute, unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world -- the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous -- is his dog." -George G. Vest

Offline poet_kelly

• Old Timer
  • SDC interest: SD partner
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2014, 07:51:14 PM »
Isaac has been known to pee on a hill, so that the stream runs down onto one foot.  Never seems to bother him.
My Etsy Store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/poetkelly
Use the coupon code SERVICEDOGCENTRAL for a 10% discount.

Offline Qamapak

• Old Timer
  • SDC interest: ESA owner
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2014, 07:24:47 PM »
One advantage to looong dogs.
Robin - Human
Gio "Gee-oh" - Pembroke Welsh Corgi