Author Topic: Disabled Chicago cop denied pit bull service dog launches landmark ...  (Read 7617 times)

Offline labs4ever

• SDC Book Club and welcome comittee Board Moderator
  • Official Welcomer
  • Opening the doors of life together as a team! ^_^
  • Mood: Tired
  • SDC interest: SD partner
Re: Disabled Chicago cop denied pit bull service dog launches landmark ...
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2011, 04:36:25 PM »
(raises hand)  I have  a training log that I kept for Sophie!!! :smile:  and I  add to it if we do a new task, like the fridge when we moved in here.  :smile:  Training logs are easy,  all OTers should do it.
Kerri and Sophie
Once a Stray now she saves the day! Guidedog/seizure response/wheelchair mobility
Flicks Sensational Mandy  Rue ML ESA.  QUEEN OF NICE

Offline HumSD

• Loquacious Member
  • I'm only me. That's all I can be.
  • Mood: Dazed
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2011, 08:03:34 PM »
I keep a tiny notebook and pen in my purse and make notes in it about what we are working on.

Offline Sheenar

• Official Welcomer
  • Mood: Brain fog
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2011, 08:18:45 PM »
And someone posted in my FB SD group that the man won his case.  :???:

I commented, but chose to stay away from addressing the NSDR issue --I don't have the energy or desire to deal with the can of worms that could open at this time.
Sheena, Zeus, and Marzipan Anne the Kitty of Doom
http://thereisachronichope.blogspot.com/

Offline LolaMarigolda

• Hormonal sarcasm week
  • Old Timer
  • Mood: Evil
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2011, 09:23:08 PM »
I keep a tiny notebook and pen in my purse and make notes in it about what we are working on.

I did that when Scooter was in training and then would transfer over everything every couple of days to the day planner type thing I was using.  I bought them (planners) in bulk (they were generic and didn't have the year on them) so I'd have space for training notes or anything else important.  Then started compiling a spreadsheet to calculate the exact number of hours spent on basic OB, intermediate, advanced, task work, and PA.

When I knew we were going to Korea, I bought some more to log all of the additional things he had to adapt to; I had never been where public transport was common let alone going to be my main mode of getting around.  His "training" (mainly walking down the aisle to an empty set of seats) was the shuttle bus from our housing area to base and then the various base buses so by the time I took him on Seoul buses, I had built up my confidence; he never lacked for it and took to it like a duck to water.
My relationship with my SD is like a marriage.  In fact, my two-legged husband calls Scooter "the other man".
KD & Remington Barrett (Remy)
Scooter (14 February 2004 - 16 September 2015)