takes advantage of laws meant to help the disabled for personal gain.

See the detailed discussion of her crimes against the disabled on our forum

Travel to China

1. The Americans with Disabilities Act is a U.S. law. It does not apply in China.

2. In the U.S. service dogs are not required to be certified. In the rest of the world, they usually are and usually by an ADI recognized organization.

3. China does not recognize as many kinds of service dogs as the U.S. does. For example, they do not recognize psychiatric service dogs. Service dog owners also don't have as many public access rights as they do in the U.S.

4. For international travel from the U.S. to a country that does not have rabies typically the animal, be it pet or service animal, will have to have a pet passport under the Pet Travel Scheme in order to avoid quarantine. The process for getting all the paper work in order typically takes at least six months.


5. Always check with the country of arrival's consular info sheet to find out who to contact for country specific information. Here's the one for China:


The IAADP has member representatives in China. They can probably give you more detailed information.

Joan Froling answers the IAADP International Helpline at: (586) 826-3938. She is very knowledgeable and helpful.

Here's the USDA 2008 checklist for exporting a dog or cat to China:

And the Hong Kong Agriculture and Fisheries Department regulations (applies only to Hong Kong):

And here's the form specifically for assistance dogs for physical disabilities (remember PSDs are excluded) to Hong Kong only:

The rabies titer they require is the one that takes 6 months of advanced preparation:

"The dog has been tested for rabies neutralization antibody titre (RNATT) at lease 6 months prior to entry to Hong Kong and the result is 0.5 IU/ml or greater.
(Note: The original copy of the laboratory report must be provided.)"