takes advantage of laws meant to help the disabled for personal gain.

See the detailed discussion of her crimes against the disabled on our forum

Does the ADA apply to the workplace?

Title I of the ADA applies to the workplace. It's not exactly the same as Title III which applies to public accommodations in that access is not necessarily automatic. You may have to provide your employer with proof of your disability and need for a service animal in the form of a letter from your treating physician. Other state and federal laws may also apply in some instances.

Additional Reading:

A Guide for Restaurants and Other Food Service Employers
Reasonable Accommodation and Undue Hardship Under the Americans with Disabilities Act

Issues involving employment and service animals should be directed to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.

To find the EEOC office near you, check the EEOC web site at http://www.eeoc.gov/offices.html.
You also can call the EEOC at 1-800-669-4000/1-800-669-6820 (TTY).